All loans are based upon 100,000 at 6.50% for 30 years. This is a small mortgage loan today. However, it’s still a good deal.
1) Let me start with the simplest way to save money. You don’t have to spend any extra money and you can save $400.00. It’s the best savings plan!
Round numbers are $1000/month. You can save approximately.50 per month by paying the same amount four times a month (250.00 four times) rather than 1000 at the end. This will net you a total of 400.00 on your entire mortgage loan. This is not a good idea. Pay your monthly mortgage monthly instead of monthly. However, you won’t have to pay an extra week if there is a 5-week month. Otherwise, you’ll be paying $250 more per year. This will allow you to get the money faster and not pay interest as long. You don’t have to spend that much money on interest!
2) Look at your calendar to see that if you pay $250.00 per week, instead of $1000.00 per mois, you will make an additional 4 payments of $250.00. 1000 x 12 = $12,000 vs. 250 x 52 weeks = $13,000. You can save $40,000.00 by making a few extra payments each year. You can save a lot of money by analyzing your mortgage payment. I will show you how to do it for free right now!
Here are some ways you can raise the extra cash needed to pay off your principal
You can sell a small amount of junk you have around your house once per month. Even if you only manage to get $20.00 worth of junk, that money can be used towards your monthly mortgage payment and you will save over 13,000 dollars over the life of the loan! A small amount of $10.00 per monthly will help you save over $7,000.00 You can save thousands of dollars by saving just $10 per month on a 10 dollar bill
4) Saving your pennies is the best way to save money. You can save it in a jar to make another $10.00 per monthly and still save $7,000.00 on your mortgage. You can always find change in the streets or at stores if you keep your eyes open. Save $745.00 by adding an extra dollar each month! There are many ways to save $1.00 each month on your mortgage.
There’s been a lot of numbers given out so far so here’s the easy thing to remember…$10.00/month = $7,000.00 on a $100,000.00 mortgage loan over 30 yrs. It doesn’t go up that fast, so every $10.00 is not “another $7,000.00”. 100.00 is actually $45,000.00. I will continue to give these numbers to show you how easy it can be to save thousands. !
Here’s a quick one: Do whatever you can to earn an extra hour each week. Do what you can at your job. You can also ask a friend to clean their garage or basement for 10-15 dollars an hour. You can save $17,500.00 if you earn $10/hr per hour for an hour. This is minus taxes. Even if you only work an extra hour each month, you will still be able to save $5,000.00 on your mortgage.
6) So, get up! Do something! Move! You can skip the coffee every other morning for $1.00. Let’s say you can skip fifteen per month! That’s over 10,000.00 in savings! Are you looking for other ideas? You can skip 3 packs of cigarettes per year! You can save another 10,000.00
7) The list could go on. It’s easy to see money in a different way. Let’s take an example: Every week, you buy a gallon milk for $4.00. Let’s suppose you find a $1.00 coupon for a gallon milk. Most likely, you will ignore it or throw it out. What if the coupon stated, “Save $745.00 on this gallon of milk?” You might be interested in it. The …$1.00 per monthly toward your mortgage will save you $745.00 on your loan Find a $1.00 coupon and save $745.00! You might start to see coupons as 100-dollar bills, like I do. !
8) For everyone who was seen in the bar buying a beer at $3.00 per (usually more), that’s $2300.00 off your mortgage if it was $3.00/month. This doesn’t mean you have to stop having fun. Instead, pick a few things you can do each month and save some money on your mortgage ….. This is why I don’t recommend that you quit smoking or drinking coffee. A few small things can make a big difference when it comes to a 30-year mortgage.
There are many ways to save money, but this is my favorite. It’s like having a double savings plan by putting money into your mortgage. There are 360 total monthly payments in a 30-year mortgage. This means that if you contribute $1.00 per month to your mortgage, it will total $360.00. You save $745.00 because of the interest savings. Although no one really cares about the extra $1.00 in their savings account, you can see how important each dollar is when you look at it as a larger picture.
Please email me any ideas you have to add to the list. Save money on your monthly mortgage payments by helping everyone!